Friday, March 21, 2014

Another Week

Salut Zot!
So not too much to mention this week. We didn't really have a lot going on than usual. Lots of contacting. Since there are not very many large public space areas here in our mission (that aren't stores) Sr Isham and I spend a LOT of time in the one "state garden" that they have here. Haha, some of the people must think we sleep there!
We didn't have a lesson with Sylvest because he had to counsel. Maybe this next week. We are really working hard to focus in on this ami named Laureano who I have been working with for nearly 5 months now. He is a young kid, 23, who is just working but has a sincere desire to come closer to God. The only think getting in his way is some of the distractions of being young and going out to parties or hanging out with friends and skipping appointments or not reading the book of Mormon. Please pray for Laureano this week because he really needs it and because I love him SO much!! He says he wants to be baptized but is so hesitant to set a date because he doesn't want the responsibility of having to follow through and hold to his commitments. But he is a real gem, with a heart of gold and real sincere desires to do what is right and please God and make Him a part of his life. He is just getting distracted in the meantime. Pray for him, we are going to keep working with him and hopefully he will start making progress again and keeping his commitments.
My favorite part of the week was easily the Relief Society Activity that we sang at. The song went well but the meeting was so touching to me. It was to commemorate the founding of the society, that was for the entire island and it was so great. It was just SO uplifting! The talks were all about how we are daughters of God and need to remember our Divine Potential. And just being with the sisters was such a nice feeling of consolidarity. Even though we share those messages with people every single day - it still feels nice to hear them about yourself. Everyone can always use a pick me up about themselves and their divine potential and how amazingly special they are as a child of God. And everyone deserves it - which is why we are here, you know? I'm here to testify to people about how important they are and how much God loves them no matter what the circumstance or situation. And even if they accept our message or not, we can testify to them of God's love. Cause everyone needs to hear that.
Other than that...I got to admit, not too much news. The work is going very slowly. This week had some of our worst numbers yet. So if you want to pray that we will be led to prepared people and that their hearts will be open, that would also be great. The mission president is flying in next week I think to have interviews with us, he comes every 6 weeks which is really nice. Between the three islands, I think he is traveling nearly every weekend. Things are going well. I'm doing a lot better than the other last few weeks. My companions have been a really big part in helping me be positive and uplifted. I guess I have some perfectionist tendencies that tend to get a hold of me sometimes. But through everything I am learning how to be more like my Savior Jesus Christ and I am getting a lot of opportunities to improve myself - which is ultimately the point of life!


I Love you all! Don't forget to be member missionaries and pray to the Lord to help you!
Sister Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment