Saturday, September 7, 2013


Hi,
 So I made it to the Ghana MTC. Safe and sound. There was one other Elder headed this way on my flight out of Sacramento. And then one we met in Minneapolis. And then at New York there were a total of 22!! All headed to the Ghana MTC. And most of them were assigned to the Ghana Accra mission. But no other sisters. And no one going to Madagascar. The flight was fairly long but I had someone really neat to sit next to. It was another girl who was going on a mission trip to Liberia (not an LDS mission, just a mission trip). Anyway, finally we got here and met up with even more missionaries who had flown in from different parts of Africa - mostly Madagascar (Yay!). And finally 3 other sisters. Then we had a crazy car trip here - seriously everyone drives as dangerously as people say, I was afraid of dying about several times a minute. Or if not dying at least crashing into someone and then being seriously maimed. I'm at the MTC now and am all checked in. Turns out I will be here 6 weeks instead of 2...That's because all french speakers stay here for 6 I guess - unless you're native. So I'm a little disapointed about that but that just means I get more time to learn and prepare to be a great missionary. I got my tags so it's official! My companions have not arrived yet - which is unfortunate. There are going to be 3 of us in the entire district and we're all companions so I guess we'll really get to know each other for 6 weeks. That one Elder was right. The first day does give you lots of time to think about home and everything you're missing. I guess that means I'll just need to stay busy. I'm taking it one day at a time. Sometimes one hour at a time. I love you guys and hope that things are going well. Pray for me.
Love,
Soeur Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment