Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Fety Christmas!

So this week went well. It is starting to really get into the swing of summer which also = the rainy season. So it is crazy hot during the day and then about 2 or 3 the clouds start rolling in. At first, like any vahsa "gringo" "foreigner", I was like, why does everyone panic when the clouds come. Like yeah, it's going to rain but in a bit and what's a little bit of rain. Because I mean people will honestly pack up and like go home in a hurry, when the wind starts picking up. And then this week I was answered when it poured almost every single day. And I mean poured. It doesn't rain that hard in the states. Trust me. And when it rains people basically stop leaving the house. Members and investigators won't come to activities because they will tell us "it was raining so you know" and at this point, I am sort of like "Ok, sure, I know" One of these days I was caught without my umbrella. SO wet. My dress was soaked through. And each step felt like I was walking in puddles even when the ground was dry - because the water had pooled in my shoes. Lucky I have two pair now. I rotate. It takes about a day for them to dry so it's perfect. 

Other interesting news. As sister A and I were walking around looking for people to contact and houses to knock we came across a big play field. And we were so suprised by what we saw. People playing rugby. But not just any people. Women too. And I'm talking tackle rugby. These women were moms, and often had a lot of extra weight. But there they were sprinting down the field and tossing the ball back and forth. And they were playing with men. Not old men. But young 20 something year olds, who were tackling the women. And the women were doing pretty well. Crazy right? Who would've known? Don't worry, I filmed some of it. 

Well I don't have much more time. One last funny thing. The ward members asked me if I would stand as Mary while they read the Christmas story. Why? Because I am the most "fotsy fotsy" person in the ward and Mary is described as being "fair and white" in the Book of Mormon. Hahah True Story. 
Love you ALL,
Sr Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment